COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Based in the Bay Area, The Living Apothecary produces a line of innovative, delicious water kefir teas that contain the same probiotic content as kombucha but with much broader taste profiles and that can be created in both still and sparkling variations. The Company was founded in 2012 by Shari Stein Curry and Traci Hunt whose mission was to make superior, sustainable and compassionate products that properly feed the body and soul. They use only the highest quality, painstakingly sourced ingredients as they believe a beverage needs true legs to stand on. The Living Apothecary currently offers eight delicious flavors of kefir waters. They are distributed at select Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Bristol Farms, Mother’s Markets, Lazy Acres, and other top retailers. The Company has partnered with LA Libations, an incubation platform that is partially owned by The Coca Cola Company, and it recently received an investment from Venice Brands, who will now become a key partner in building out the brand’s strategy, third partner network, and internal team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The senior marketing associate will be a key member of our small but mighty team. This position will report to the director of marketing and also work closely with the co-founders to drive execution of the marketing strategy across all areas. This role offers the opportunity to gain a wide range of marketing experiences, be a part of building a brand from an early stage, and grow professionally along with the company.
- Work with Director of Marketing to bring the Living Apothecary brand to life through digital touchpoints, PR, marketing messaging, and retail support
- Monthly reporting and ongoing tracking for marketing performance and metrics
- Be the owner and organizer of all brand and marketing assets and files
- Create PowerPoint slides and presentations for internal reporting and sales presentations
- Participate in marketing strategy and campaign planning
- Develop branded assets working with designer(s) for tradeshows and sampling events
- Manage coordination of key events and sampling efforts (e.g., Expo West)
- Help manage creation of branded swag, printed materials, and sales materials
- Coordinate samples for press, influencers, events with operations team
- Assist with social media engagement and influencer outreach
- Bachelor’s degree, business or marketing focus preferred
- 2-4 years of work experience in a relevant role, CPG experience preferred, Natural Products experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Able to complete data analyses and create charts and tables in Excel. Strong PowerPoint skills – for internal and external presentations
- Strong organization, project management and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a small, fast-moving company with minimal oversight
- A sense of positive urgency in executing everyday responsibilities
- Photography, Photoshop, & graphic design skills are a PLUS
Location: West Coast
Description: We are looking for a rising star to lead our sales efforts as we continue to expand our distribution. The Director of Sales will be responsible for designing and executing the strategy to launch and scale our products, and needs to bring a combination of strategic planning experience and a willingness to spend significant time in the trade opening accounts, managing brokers and growing distribution.
Primary responsibilities include creating pricing, promotional and channel strategies, calling on customer accounts directly, and building out and managing a network of distributors, brokers and merchandisers. The position requires strong sales skills and interpersonal dexterity to manage brand performance across the country. The position will report to the Chief Executive Officer of the company and will work closely with the founders and select board members.
- Lead all sales efforts regionally on the west coast, and design a growth strategy to reach nationwide distribution for the company’s wholesale product lines.
- Develop pricing, trade, and activation strategies for each product line and major retailer.
- Call on retail accounts directly and build out broker networks.
- Create and manage sales and operational processes / systems to support wholesale line.
- Over time, build out an internal sales and merchandising team to support growth.
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement.
- Manage the sales team, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth.
- Manage the use of budgets and sales forecasting tools.
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements.
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting to facilitate production scheduling.
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership.
- Work closely with marketing to establish successful support, channel and partner programs.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop relationships.
- Strong sales experience for an emerging CPG brand, preferably in the refrigerated foods or beverage categories.
- Willingness to travel extensively to meet with retailers and support products.
- Existing network of buyers at key retailers.
- Sense of positive urgency in executing everyday responsibilities.
- Deep working knowledge of the wholesale foods and/or beverage industry.
- Fluent knowledge of MS Office applications; ability to create good sales decks & sell sheets.
- Strong organizational, communication and inter-personal skills for a fast-paced brand.
- Strong communication ethic in getting back to customers, suppliers and the internal team.
- Strong understanding of customer activation tools and opportunities.
- Ability to act strategically and tactically in the performance of the job.
- Support the company’s owners with needed information to facilitate decision-making.
- Bachelors of Business Administration in finance, marketing or related field preferred but not required.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org