Location: Venice, CA
Company Background: Venice Brands is a privately held consumer brands holding company based in Los Angeles whose mission is to build category leaders with a focus on health, wellness and sustainability. We own majority or significant minority stakes in many emerging companies in the food, beverage, fitness, pet and personal care industries. Our team is comprised of entrepreneurs, investment professionals and industry executives who have spent decades founding, investing in and scaling successful consumer brands. We engage in a combination of developing brands ourselves where we play the role of the entrepreneur and own the founder equity, investing capital into high-growth brands that meet our criteria, and purchasing controlling stakes in cash flow positive businesses. We then help our brands grow by providing hands-on strategic, operating, and financial resources. We like to say that we are industry specific but stage agnostic, as we are equally comfortable starting a new brand from scratch and making a $50+ million acquisition, having done both in the past twelve months. Our goal is to build our brands into sizable, cash-flow generating businesses with strong customer loyalty and then have the option to strategically exit or to hold them forever.
Job Description: We are seeking an Accounting Associate to join our finance & accounting team. The position reports to the Controller and will assist with multiple high growth consumer brands. Need to have a willingness to work hard to get the job done and a positive attitude. We have new offices on Abbott Kinney in Venice, CA, and this person will sit alongside the rest of the Venice Brands core team. He or she should expect to be in the office full time. This role offers the opportunity to gain a wide range of finance & accounting experiences, be a part of building high-growth brands, and grow professionally by working very closely with our world-class teams.
- Input transactions into QuickBooks, Sage, Bill.com and other systems used by the team
- Reach out to customers to request payment, follow up as needed, and book resulting transactions
- Assist Controller and Accounting Manager with inventory and financial analysis as needed
- Able to maintain and update excel templates and formulas as may be required
- Communicate with and support other functions including sales, marketing and operations
- Accurate and timely distribution of financial information and KPIs
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel – including pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Some knowledge of accounting principles
- A self-starter, but is also highly effective in team environments
- Able to multi-task and prioritize with efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to support multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines
- Must have a solutions-orientation when problem solving and able to demonstrate a sense of urgency
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org