Location: Venice, CA
Company Background: At Venice Brands, our focus is on building consumer brands in partnership with world-class management teams, with a focus on health, wellness and amazing products. We’re an experienced team of leaders and functional experts who have spent decades founding, investing in and scaling successful consumer brands. We engage in a combination of incubating new brands ourselves where we play the role of the entrepreneur, making sizable minority investments into existing brands, and purchasing controlling stakes in cash-flow positive businesses. We combine our industry knowledge and networks with robust data analysis to identify emerging market trends, invest in or incubate exciting brands that we feel are uniquely positioned to capitalize on those trends, and help these brands scale by providing very hands-on strategic, operating, and financial resources.
Description: We are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join our finance team. The position reports to the controller and will assist with multiple high growth consumer brands. Experience in food and beverage or manufacturing is a plus. Need to have a willingness to work hard to get the job done and a positive attitude.
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance including AR and AP.
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Improve month-end close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts on a regular basis ensure GAAP compliance
- Assist controller with inventory and cashflow analysis as needed.
- Able to maintain and update excel templates and formulas as may be required.
- Communicates with and supports other functions including sales, marketing and operations as need to complete job duties.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Accurate and timely distribution of all financial information.
- Work with operations to ensure product costing and related accounting is correct
- Maintain reporting of our Fixed assets and tracking of capital projects
- Process payroll and record payroll in the various companies to align with company budgeting as assigned.
- Prepare and file sales tax, business tax and assists with ensuring compliance with legal requirements of jurisdictions the various businesses are in.
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel- including pivot tables, vlookups, model development
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- A self-starter, but is also highly effective in team environments
- Able to multi-task and prioritize with efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to support multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines; be solutions-orientation when problem solving and able to demonstrate a sense of urgency
Schedule: Full time in the office Monday through Friday
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to email@example.com