Location: Venice, CA
Company Background: Venice Brands builds consumer brands in partnership with world-class management teams, with a focus on food, beverage, pet and fitness. We’re an experienced team of leaders and functional experts who have spent decades founding, investing in and scaling successful consumer brands. We engage in a combination of incubating new brands ourselves where we play the role of the entrepreneur, making sizable minority investments into existing brands, and purchasing controlling stakes in cash-flow positive businesses. We combine our industry knowledge and networks with robust data analysis to identify emerging market trends, invest in or incubate exciting brands that we feel are uniquely positioned to capitalize on those trends, and help these brands scale by providing very hands-on strategic, operating, and financial resources.
Job Description: Newly-created, entry-level level role, working closely with best-in-class consumer brands executives and investment professionals. Huge career upside for a smart and driven individual looking for broad exposure to emerging consumer brands. This is a dynamic role in which your daily responsibilities will change depending on Venice Brands and portfolio company needs at a given time. Strong analytical and project management skills are a must. Daily activities will include but not be limited to:
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis. This is everything from sales analysis to business modeling. You will be our go-to quantitative powerhouse. Great opportunity for a strong quantitative thinker, looking for applied business experience.
- Bookkeeping and finance activities such as management of AP/AR and general record keeping. Work closely to management teams to ensure that books are current and accurate. This will not be glamorous but is needed for us to have the right information for our analysis.
- General HR/compliance oversight, such as on-boarding of new employees, insurance application management, etc.
- Ad-hoc support, as directed by the Venice Brands team.
You must have the ability to self-start and thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment. We are looking for someone who is incredibly smart and flexible, and looking to grow. The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously is key.
- Regular sales reporting and industry trend analysis for multiple brands
- QuickBooks inputting, reports, and maintenance. AP/AR management.
- Reconciliation of payments and monthly reporting
- Assist with budgets, analysis and tracking
- Preparation for year-end tax filings to be done with our tax team
- Correspond with vendors, suppliers, and offsite employees
- Payroll and employee on-boarding responsibilities
- Additional administrative responsibilities as directed by leadership
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized; have excellent analytical / mathematical skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills in English
- Able to interface with other departments and teams in a professional, team player manner
- Excellent independent problem-solving, decision-making, critical-thinking skills
- Proactive; able to identify problems and initiate corrective actions
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- 2-4+ years of verifiable quantitative thinking and business experience; this can include academic coursework.
- Experience with both QuickBooks Desktop and Online strongly preferred
- High proficiency with office software, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe
- Bachelor’s/College degree from top tier school (Business, Accounting or similar preferred)
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to email@example.com