Location: Venice, CA
Company Background: We are seeking a Chief Operating Officer to join a category-specific online marketplace that we are incubating and launching in the near future. Note, we do not have a CEO in place today (and may wait to hire this person), so the COO would work closely with and report to Venice Brands. We can share more information with qualified candidates, but suffice it to say that we are very excited about our upcoming launch.
Venice Brands Background: At Venice Brands, our focus is on building consumer brands in partnership with world-class management teams, with a focus on food, beverage, pet and fitness. We’re an experienced team of leaders and functional experts who have spent decades founding, investing in and scaling successful consumer brands. We engage in a combination of incubating new brands ourselves where we play the role of the entrepreneur, making sizable minority investments into existing brands, and purchasing controlling stakes in cash-flow positive businesses. We combine our industry knowledge and networks with robust data analysis to identify emerging market trends, invest in or incubate exciting brands that we feel are uniquely positioned to capitalize on those trends, and help these brands scale by providing very hands-on strategic, operating, and financial resources.
Job Description: The Chief Operating Officer will run all non-marketing aspects of the business including development of the online marketplace, supply chain & logistics, vendor management, customer service, and finance (alongside the Venice Brands internal finance team). This is a hugely important role for the company, and we expect this person to work closely with the Venice Brands team and to build out a world-class team below him or her.
- Lead the development and refinement of the online marketplace (already close to launch)
- Build out and lead a world-class team across strategy, operations, supply chain and customer service
- Partner with anchor brands to make the online marketplace a sizable “win / win” for everyone
- Build a customer-focused culture with amazing customer service (email, chat, phone)
- Ensure end-to-end functionality from consumer research to order placement to delivery to follow-up
- Research, qualify and integrate new third party logistics companies to assist in order fulfillment
- Oversee budgeting, financial planning, provide real time KPIs and management reports, etc.
- Oversee administrative tasks including payroll, AR, AP, insurance, tax, etc.
- Everything else needed to make this endeavor a success
- MBA from a top tier university preferred; BA/BS from top tier university required
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to do whatever it takes and to deal with adversity
- Experience in e-commerce and/or running a small / high growth business a huge plus
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized; have excellent analytical / mathematical skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills in English
- Able to interface with other departments and teams in a professional, team player manner
- Excellent independent problem-solving, decision-making, critical-thinking skills
- Proactive; able to identify problems and initiate corrective actions
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work under tight deadlines
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to email@example.com