Location: Venice, CA
Venice Brands Background: Venice Brands is a privately held holding company based in Los Angeles whose mission is to build category leaders with a focus on health, wellness and sustainability. We directly own majority or significant minority stakes in many emerging companies in the food & beverage, fitness, pet, personal care and agricultural industries. We engage in a combination of creating new consumer branded companies from scratch (typically alongside partners), investing capital into high growth brands with $5-15 million of run rate sales, and purchasing controlling stakes in cash flow positive businesses that have synergies with our existing brands. We then take a very hands-on approach to help them grow and scale by providing strategic, operational and financial resources. Our goal is to build our brands into sizable, cash flow generating businesses with strong customer loyalty and sustainable points of differentiation, and then to have the option to strategically exit or to hold them forever. Notable brands we created and continue to oversee include Joolies, Ugglies and The Date Shoppe (alongside David Kohl and Kohl Family Farm), Kinderlyte and Kindersprout (alongside Jeremy Adams and Jessica Biel), Mayweather Boxing + Fitness (alongside Floyd Mayweather Jr. and James Williams), Enroot (alongside Cris Patwa, John Fogelman and Brad Pitt), Only Skin (alongside January Olds and HERE Studio), and Bread Head Restaurant Group (alongside Michelin-star chefs Alex Williams and Jordan Snyder as well as Michael Pasternak).
Job Description: We are looking for a passionate Marketing Associate to join the Venice Brands team and support the marketing function across several of our brands. To start, this person would split his or her time across Only Skin, MBF California, Bread Head Restaurant Group, and Venice Brands itself. This role offers the opportunity to gain a wide range of marketing experiences, be a part of building high-growth brands, and grow professionally by working very closely with our world-class teams. There are substantial career progression opportunities both at Venice Brands and with its growing portfolio of companies.
- Assist across all things marketing – no task is too big or too small
- Assist with social media engagement, influencer communications, and content creation
- Manage customer communications and reviews through website, social, Amazon
- Website/Shopify management and coordination
- Be the owner and organizer of brand and marketing assets and files
- Participate in marketing strategy and campaign planning and execution
- Manage coordination of key events and sampling efforts
- Help manage the creation of branded swag, printed materials, and sales materials
- Coordinate samples for press, influencers, events with operations team
- Ongoing reporting and tracking for marketing performance and metrics
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university, business or marketing focus preferred
- 2+ years of marketing and/or brand management experience, with food / beverage / CPG experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Able to complete data analyses and create charts and tables
- Experience with social media and curious about new platforms – are you a secret reels/TikTok star?
- Strong organization, project management and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a small, fast-moving company with minimal oversight
- Passion for the wellness space and growing brands
- A sense of positive urgency in executing everyday responsibilities
- Photography, Photoshop, & graphic design skills are a PLUS
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to [email protected]