Location: Venice, CA
Company Background: Venice Brands is a privately held consumer brands holding company based in Los Angeles whose mission is to build category leaders with a focus on health, wellness and sustainability. We own majority or significant minority stakes in many emerging companies in the food, beverage, fitness, pet and personal care industries. Our team is comprised of entrepreneurs, investment professionals and industry executives who have spent decades founding, investing in and scaling successful consumer brands. We engage in a combination of developing brands ourselves where we play the role of the entrepreneur and own the founder equity, investing capital into high-growth brands that meet our criteria, and purchasing controlling stakes in cash flow positive businesses. We then help our brands grow by providing hands-on strategic, operating, and financial resources. We like to say that we are industry specific but stage agnostic, as we are equally comfortable starting a new brand from scratch and making a $50+ million acquisition. Our goal is to build our brands into sizable, cash-flow generating businesses with strong customer loyalty and then have the option to strategically exit or to hold them forever.
Description: We are looking for a passionate Marketing Intern to join the Venice Brands team and assist our growing portfolio of brands. This position will report to Emily Lee, our Vice President of Marketing, and he or she will work across all aspects of marketing including presentation creation and editing, social media posting and engagement, photo shoots, website updates, data analysis, and various administrative tasks. This role is ideal for someone with a 1-4 years of work / marketing experience after graduating college, as it offers the opportunity to gain a wide range of marketing experiences under the direction of a seasoned marketer, be a part of building multiple high-growth brands, and grow professionally along with the company.
- Assist with all marketing needs from presentations and social media to website updates and data analysis
- Create PowerPoint slides and presentations for both internal and external needs
- Assist with social media engagement, influencer outreach, and e-commerce fulfillment
- Participate in marketing strategy and campaign planning and execution
- Manage coordination of trade shows, key events and sampling efforts
- Help manage the creation of branded swag, printed materials, and sales materials
- Coordinate samples for press, influencers, events with operations team
- Monthly reporting and ongoing tracking for marketing performance and metrics
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university, business or marketing focus preferred
- 1+ years of marketing and/or brand management experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Able to complete data analyses and create charts and tables in Excel.
- Strong PowerPoint skills – for internal and external presentations
- Strong organization, project management and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a small, fast-moving company with minimal oversight
- A sense of positive urgency in executing everyday responsibilities
- Photography, Photoshop, & graphic design skills are a PLUS
Salary: Entry level
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org