Location: Richmond, CA
Company Background: “Nourish the body, feed the soul” has been The Living Apothecary’s motto since our inception in late 2012. Over six years and a lot of hard work later, it is still our moral compass, the code we live by. The Living Apothecary offers naturally fermented probiotic kefir water teas. All are certified organic, small batch crafted, made from top quality ingredients, and every bottle is proudly self-manufactured locally in Richmond, CA.
There is honor in being a small, female-owned business in the big money beverage industry and we fought the good fight to put health-driven honest products on grocery store shelves. Our success lies in the quality and taste of our delicious beverages which are packaged to stand out from the crowd. We are always pushing the boundaries with unique flavor profiles, new production methods, and quirky marketing.
You will find our products in Safeway, Whole Foods, and Trader Joes in the West and we have signed distribution deals to soon hit markets from coast to coast. We recently closed $1.4M in investment funding, allowing us to move in to a larger facility for increased production and we are gearing to scale exponentially over the next 6 months and beyond. In preparation for expansion into new markets, we are building out our team and looking for talented individuals who believe in our cause and want to be a part of our long-term success.
Job Description: We are looking for a professional Plant Manager, responsible for managing all aspects of operations and for delivering consistent, high quality product to our retailers. You will forecast, plan, and manage all aspects of production including orders, staff, and finance. The ideal candidate will have a strong eye to continuous improvement with the goal of maximizing efficiency and revenue by streamlining procedures and lowering overall costs.
- Manage all production aspects and day-to-day operations to the highest standards, working alongside our QA & Operations Manager
- Ensure productivity standards are maintained through the efficient scheduling, training, and management of line staff
- Lead and develop production through ongoing training and relationship and respect building
- Create weekly work orders, communicate and organize staff roles and responsibilities
- Ensure all aspects of business are running smoothly
- Report directly to COO and ensure she is kept informed at all times.
- Comply with and implement all health and safety regulations related to our business as outlined in our HACCP plan
- Oversee traceability from start to finish
- Develop and lead the continuous improvement initiative for production with ongoing necessary improvements in processing, manufacturing, sourcing, supply chain etc.
- Identify, suggest, and implement best practices to facilitate solutions and methods that will optimize processes in all areas of the business
- Partner with business and functional leaders to drive operational excellence and create a sustainable continuous improvement culture across the organization
- Develop, implement, and maintain a Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) program for all production line equipment
- Maintain functional knowledge of all production equipment operation
- Supervise production line changeovers and adjustments in a timely manner
- Schedule and supervise Preventative Maintenance (PM’s) on all production equipment as directed by work orders
- Develop and sustain production personnel training programs that enable independent trouble shooting and rectification of routine equipment interventions
- Develop and instill culture of positivity and engagement both within department and across the business
- Manage team(s), acting as a leader and escalating issues through the proper communication channels
- Develop team(s), addressing and appraising performance, identifying training and development opportunities, and acting as a coach/mentor when required
- In tandem with COO and QA Manager, interview, and hire new employees
- Oversee the training of all production personnel
- Supervise the maintenance and submittal of accurate payroll records and timecards for all production personnel
- Responsible for assigned cost center budgeting, control, and meeting financial targets set
- Participate in developing operating budget and budgets for capital projects
- 3+ years of beverage/food related operations management experience
- Proven food and beverage management experience
- HACCP certified
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Guest-oriented and service-minded
- Excellent verbal and written skills demonstrating the ability to articulate quantitative and qualitative results/findings and convey effective solutions
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org