Location: Venice, CA
Company Background: We are seeking a President to join Arrive Market, our new online CBD marketplace that offers a hand-curated selection of brands, 100% lab-verified products, and excellent customer service. This person will work closely with both the Arrive Market and Venice Brands teams.
Venice Brands Background: We are a consumer brands holding company based in Los Angeles whose mission is to build category leaders with a focus on health, wellness and sustainability. Founded in 2016, we own majority or significant minority stakes in many emerging brands in the food, beverage, fitness, pet and personal care industries. We engage in a combination of developing brands ourselves where we play the role of the entrepreneur and own the founder equity, investing growth capital into existing brands that meet our strict criteria, and purchasing controlling stakes in cash flow positive businesses where our team can add significant value post-acquisition. We then help these brands grow by providing hands-on strategic, operating, and financial resources. We like to say that we are industry specific but stage agnostic, as we are equally comfortable starting a new brand from scratch and making a $50+ million acquisition, having done both in the past twelve months. Our model is unique, and that’s what excites us.
Job Description: The President will run all aspects of the business including further development of the online marketplace, marketing & advertising, supply chain & logistics, vendor management, customer service, and finance (alongside the Venice Brands internal finance team). This is a hugely important role for the company, and we expect this person to work very closely with the Venice Brands team and to build out a world-class team below him or her over time.
- Lead the further development and refinement of the online marketplace
- Build out and lead a world-class team across marketing, operations, supply chain and customer service
- Partner with brands to make the online marketplace a sizable “win / win” for everyone
- Build a customer-focused culture with amazing customer service (email, chat, phone)
- Ensure end-to-end functionality from consumer research to order placement to delivery to follow-up
- Research, qualify and integrate new third party logistics companies to assist in order fulfillment
- Oversee budgeting, financial planning, provide real time KPIs and management reports, etc.
- Oversee administrative tasks including payroll, AR, AP, insurance, tax, etc.
- Everything else needed to make this endeavor a success
- MBA from a top tier university preferred; BA/BS from top tier university required
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to do whatever it takes and to deal with adversity
- Experience in e-commerce and/or running a small / high growth business a huge plus
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized; have excellent analytical / mathematical skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills in English
- Able to interface with other departments and teams in a professional, team player manner
- Excellent independent problem-solving, decision-making, critical-thinking skills
- Proactive; able to identify problems and initiate corrective actions
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work under tight deadlines
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org