Location: Berkeley, CA
Company Background: The Living Apothecary produces a line of innovative, delicious water kefir teas that contain the same probiotic content as kombucha but with much broader taste profiles and that can be created in both still and sparkling variations. The Company was founded in 2012 by Shari Stein Curry and Traci Hunt whose mission was to make superior, sustainable and compassionate products that properly feed the body and soul. They use only the highest quality, painstakingly sourced ingredients as they believe a beverage needs true legs to stand on. The Living Apothecary currently offers eight delicious flavors of kefir waters. They are distributed at select Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Bristol Farms, Mother’s Markets, Lazy Acres, and other top retailers. The Company has partnered with LA Libations, an incubation platform that is partially owned by The Coca Cola Company, and it recently received an investment from Venice Brands, who will now become a key partner in building out the brand’s strategy, third partner network, and internal team.
Job Description: The Associate Brand Manager will be a key member of our growing marketing team. This position will report to the Director of Marketing and also work closely with the co-founders to drive execution of the marketing strategy across all areas. This role offers the opportunity to gain a wide range of marketing experiences, be a part of building a brand from an early stage, and grow professionally along with the company.
- Work with Director of Marketing to bring the Living Apothecary brand to life through digital touchpoints, PR, marketing messaging, and retail support
- Monthly reporting and ongoing tracking for marketing performance and metrics
- Be the owner and organizer of all brand and marketing assets and files
- Create PowerPoint slides and presentations for internal reporting and sales presentations
- Participate in marketing strategy and campaign planning
- Develop branded assets working with designer(s) for tradeshows and sampling events
- Manage coordination of key events and sampling efforts (e.g., Expo West)
- Help manage creation of branded swag, printed materials, and sales materials
- Coordinate samples for press, influencers, events with operations team
- Assist with social media engagement and influencer outreach
- Bachelor’s degree, business or marketing focus preferred
- 3-5 years of work experience in a relevant role, CPG experience preferred, Natural Products experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Able to complete data analyses and create charts and tables in Excel.
- Strong PowerPoint skills – for internal and external presentations
- Strong organization, project management and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a small, fast-moving company with minimal oversight
- A sense of positive urgency in executing everyday responsibilities
- Photography, Photoshop, & graphic design skills are a PLUS
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to email@example.com