Location: Venice, CA
Venice Brands Background: Venice Brands is a privately held consumer brands holding company based in Los Angeles whose mission is to build category leaders with a focus on health, wellness and sustainability. Founded in 2016, we own majority or significant minority stakes in many emerging brands in the food, beverage, fitness, pet and personal care industries. We’re an experienced team of entrepreneurs and industry executives who have spent decades founding, investing in and scaling successful consumer brands. We work very closely with our management teams to grow and scale our brands, offering a shared service model across several functions. We engage in a combination of developing new brands ourselves where we play the role of the entrepreneur and own the founder equity, investing growth capital into existing brands that meet our criteria, and purchasing controlling stakes in cash flow positive businesses where we can add significant value post-acquisition. We then help these brands grow by providing hands-on strategic, operating, and financial resources. We like to say that we are industry specific but stage agnostic, as we are equally comfortable starting a new brand from scratch and making a $50+ million acquisition, having done both in the past twelve months. Our model is unique, and that’s what excites us.
Job Description: We are looking for a passionate Brand Manager to join the Venice Brands team and support the Marketing function across our brands. To start, this person would split his or her time across Joolies, Only Skin, Enroot and our Mayweather Boxing + Fitness franchisee platform. This position will report to our Vice President of Marketing with a dotted line to internal brand marketing directors, and he or she will work across all aspects of marketing including social media and influencer management, website management, content creation, customer communications, reporting, and sampling and event coordination. This role offers the opportunity to gain a wide range of marketing experiences, be a part of building high-growth brands, and grow professionally by working very closely with our world-class teams.
- Assist across all things marketing – no task is too big or too small
- Assist with social media engagement, influencer communications, and content creation
- Manage customer communications and reviews through website, social, Amazon
- Website/Shopify management and coordination
- Be the owner and organizer of brand and marketing assets and files
- Participate in marketing strategy and campaign planning and execution
- Manage coordination of key events and sampling efforts
- Help manage the creation of branded swag, printed materials, and sales materials
- Coordinate samples for press, influencers, events with operations team
- Ongoing reporting and tracking for marketing performance and metrics
- Bachelor’s degree, business or marketing focus preferred
- 3+ years of brand management or marketing experience, with food / beverage / CPG experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Able to complete data analyses and create charts and tables
- Experience with social media and curious about new platforms – are you a secret reels/TikTok star?
- Strong organization, project management and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a small, fast-moving company with minimal oversight
- Passion for the wellness space and growing brands
- A sense of positive urgency in executing everyday responsibilities
- Photography, Photoshop, & graphic design skills are a PLUS
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org