Location: Santa Monica
Company Background: KonaRed is the leading provider of premium Kona Coffee and related products worldwide. We procure premium estate grown Kona Coffee beans, grown on the Big Island of Hawaii, 2,400 miles from the nearest continent, where the air is pure, the soil is untouched and the rainwater is pristine. Our flagship product line consists of our award-winning RTD Cold Brew Coffee products. For this line, we blend our Kona beans with Nature’s Best Kept Secret®, Hawaiian Coffee Fruit, as well as Fair Trade Certified Colombian beans. We then roast the beans to perfection and slowly steep in cold water. Our proprietary process and ingredients create the smoothest, best-tasting craft cold brew coffee on planet earth. In addition to our award-winning Ready to Drink (RTD) Cold Brew Coffee varieties, we also produce 100% Kona Coffee Beans, Hawaiian Coffee Fruit Juice and nutritional supplements. Our products are sold in major supply chains around the country and online.
Job Description: The VP of Marketing will run all aspects of marketing for KonaRed. This includes branding, packaging, retailer support, digital content, social media, public relations, events, DTC/Amazon execution, and new product development. It is expected that this person will hire and manage multiple marketing reports over time, and this person will be responsible for vetting and then managing external agencies where appropriate.
- Truly own all aspects of marketing and brand development for KonaRed
- Continue to refine the brand’s voice, style and points of differentiation for our consumers
- Enhance the company’s packaging, digital presence (website / social), and POS materials
- Lead the development of new product lines and extensions to our existing product lines
- Support the sales function through sales decks, sell sheets, POS materials, and retailer support programs
- Develop and execute a marketing budget along with the finance organization, the CEO and the board
- Own all monthly reporting and ongoing tracking for marketing performance and metrics
- Manage all trade show and other events that KonaRed participates in (e.g., Expo West)
- Bachelor’s degree, business or marketing focus preferred; MBA from top tier program preferred
- 10-15+ years in marketing / brand management for high growth beverage brands
- Strong preference for someone who has built a brand from $5-10mm in sales up to $30-40mm+
- Deep network and experience with agencies and freelancers in design, PR, digital spend, etc.
- Experience building out and managing a high functioning marketing organization
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to get whatever is needed done on time and with the highest quality
- Strong organization, project management and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a small, fast-moving company with minimal oversight
- A sense of positive urgency in executing everyday responsibilities
- Photography, Photoshop, & graphic design skills are a PLUS
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to email@example.com