Description: We are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial Area Sales Manager who thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment and is passionate about creating a “farm-to-bottle” movement within the CPG beverage space. This person will be the primary lead working with our local DSD partners, focused on generating new business and driving sales in Southern California, primarily in Los Angeles. The individual will also be responsible for in-store marketing and display execution to build sales velocity and increase consumer brand exposure.
- Work with our distributors to execute annual business plan delivering key metrics (volume plans, distribution & authorization goals, shelf/display merchandising look of success in cold-chain).
- Opening new accounts in the territory.
- In-store execution to build velocity and gain placement in new accounts
- Entrepreneurial and winning spirit; willingness to do what it takes to develop a new brand, such as promoting the product at special events, or executing demos to open new accounts and build brand awareness.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in food or beverage sales, familiarity with cold-chain distribution is a plus.
- Passion for health, wellness, organic products, and farm-to table restaurants.
- Outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal skills to build solid business relationships.
- Ability to be creative and think outside the box.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem prevention and solving skills.
- Track record of success in building/executing sales plans.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills.
- Strong follow-up with accounts and leads.
- Someone who is a food enthusiast, interested in promoting transparency and sustainability within the CPG food space.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
Salary: Commensurate; based upon experience
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Lauren Reilly, Lauren@drinkenroot.com.