Location: Venice, CA
Company Background: We are seeking a Marketing Associate to join a category-specific online marketplace that we are incubating and launching in the near future. We can share more information with qualified candidates, but suffice it to say that we are very excited about our upcoming launch.
Venice Brands Background: At Venice Brands, our focus is on building consumer brands in partnership with world-class management teams, with a focus on health, wellness and amazing products. We’re an experienced team of leaders and functional experts who have spent decades founding, investing in and scaling successful consumer brands. We engage in a combination of incubating new brands ourselves where we play the role of the entrepreneur, making sizable minority investments into existing brands, and purchasing controlling stakes in cash-flow positive businesses. We combine our industry knowledge and networks with robust data analysis to identify emerging market trends, invest in or incubate exciting brands that we feel are uniquely positioned to capitalize on those trends, and help these brands scale by providing very hands-on strategic, operating, and financial resources.
Description: We are looking for a passionate Marketing Associate to join the Venice Brands team as we build out and launch a new online marketplace. This position will report to our Director of Marketing, and he or she will work across all aspects of marketing including website development and upgrades, business development with new vendors, onboarding new vendors and new products, and customer engagement outreach. This role offers the opportunity to gain a wide range of marketing experiences, be a part of building a high-growth brand, and grow professionally along with the company.
- Assist with all marketing needs from website optimization to customer outreach and engagement
- Work with vendors to upload products onto the marketplace, ensure accuracy and visual appeal, etc.
- Assist with social media engagement, influencer outreach, and e-commerce fulfillment
- Be the owner and organizer of all brand and marketing assets and files
- Create PowerPoint slides and presentations for internal reporting and vendor outreach
- Participate in marketing strategy and campaign planning and execution
- Manage coordination of key events and sampling efforts
- Help manage the creation of branded swag, printed materials, and sales materials
- Coordinate samples for press, influencers, events with operations team
- Monthly reporting and ongoing tracking for marketing performance and metrics
- Bachelor’s degree, business or marketing focus preferred
- 3+ years of brand management experience, with food / beverage experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Able to complete data analyses and create charts and tables in Excel.
- Strong PowerPoint skills – for internal and external presentations
- Strong organization, project management and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a small, fast-moving company with minimal oversight
- A sense of positive urgency in executing everyday responsibilities
- Photography, Photoshop, & graphic design skills are a PLUS
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to email@example.com