Location: Venice, CA
Company Background: Venice Brands builds consumer brands in partnership with world-class management teams, with a focus on food, beverage, pet and fitness. We’re an experienced team of leaders and functional experts who have spent decades founding, investing in and scaling successful consumer brands. We engage in a combination of incubating new brands ourselves where we play the role of the entrepreneur, making sizable minority investments into existing brands, and purchasing controlling stakes in cash-flow positive businesses. We combine our industry knowledge and networks with robust data analysis to identify emerging market trends, invest in or incubate exciting brands that we feel are uniquely positioned to capitalize on those trends, and help these brands scale by providing very hands-on strategic, operating, and financial resources.
Job Description: Provide bookkeeping and overall office management / administrative support to the Venice Brands team and across multiple portfolio companies, as directed by Venice Brands. Daily activities will include but not be limited to:
- Basic accounting and finance activities such as management and entry of invoices and bills, bank statement reconciliations, record keeping, generation of AP/AR reports, management of bank feeds, etc.
- General office management duties, such as managing office bills, reordering supplies, helping to plan travel, expense and invoice management, managing internal files, mailing out samples, etc.
- HR/Admin support, such as on-boarding of new employees, insurance application management, etc.
You must have the ability to take direction and thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment. We are looking for someone friendly, reliable, analytical, detailed oriented, and flexible. The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously is key.
- QuickBooks inputting, reports, and maintenance
- AP/AR Management
- Oversee vendor and customer credit references
- Payroll tasks
- Reconciliation of payments and monthly reporting
- Assist with budgets, analysis and tracking
- Filing and clerical work
- Preparation for year-end tax filings to be done with our tax team
- Correspond with vendors, suppliers, and offsite employees
- Additional administrative responsibilities as directed by leadership
- 1-2+ years of verifiable accounting/bookkeeping experience required
- Experience with both QuickBooks Desktop and Online strongly preferred
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized; have excellent analytical / mathematical skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills in English
- Able to interface with other departments and teams in a professional, team player manner
- Excellent independent problem-solving, decision-making, critical-thinking skills
- Proactive; able to identify problems and initiate corrective actions
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- High proficiency with office software, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe
- Bachelor’s/College degree (Accounting, Business Management or equivalent), preferred
- 2+ years’ work experience in executive administration and/or bookkeeping
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org